Dr. Umar BurneyOrthopaedic Surgeon
Dr Umar Burney was born in Madison, Wisconsin. His parents were both in teaching profession and they inculcated an importance for learning and education. Living abroad during his high school years, he had the unique opportunity to graduate with a Secondary Education Certification from the University of Cambridge, England. Being a lifelong badger, he returned to university of Wisconsin to complete his undergraduate degree in Medical Microbiology and Immunology with a special interest in "Communicative Diseases of the Third World".
Dr Umar Burney attended Saint George's University School of Medicine, Grenada and as voted member Iota Epsilon Alpha International medical honors society his sophomore year. He then completed his internship and orthopaedic surgical residency at Louisiana State University Shreveport, where he received several awards for excellence in Basic Science Research and Anatomy. He served as chief resident twice his senior year after graduating from LSU; Dr Umar Burney completed a sports medicine/Joint replacement fellowship under the Tutelage of Drs. Leland Winston and Thomas Clanton at the University of Texas Houston Medical School. Dr. Umar Burney is a Board Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Dr Umar Burney is married to Nazlee, an elementary educator, and they have three beautiful children, Zain, Maha & Nuha. In his spare time, he enjoys reading, traveling running, and soccer.
- American Academy of orthopaedic Surgery
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopaedic society for sports Medicine
- Texas Medical Association
- Texas Society of Sports Medicine
- Dallas County Medical Society
- American Association of Hip & Knee Surgeons
- Methodist Hospital for Surgery at Addison
- Presbyterian Hospital of Rockwall
- Lake Pointe Medical Center
- Baylor Surgical Center at Heath
Team Coverage Experience:
- Houston Rockets (NBA)
- Rice University Owls (Collegiate)
- University of Texas at Dallas (Collegiate)
- N. Forney High School
- Rockwall High School