Dr. Kushal PatelOrthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. Kushal Patel originally from Houston, Texas performed his undergraduate studies at Baylor University in Waco, Texas majoring in the University Scholars Program. He then matriculated to Texas A&M College of Medicine where he graduated with honors, earning acceptance into Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, and was awarded the James A. Knight Leadership in Medicine award. He continued his professional goals by completing a residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at Scott and White Memorial Hospital in Temple, Texas. Ultimately, his career path took him to Denver, Colorado for additional specialization in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery at the University of Colorado. During his training, he cared for elite Division 1 athletes at both the University of Colorado and Denver University, and in fact was part of Denver University Men Lacrosse journey in winning the Division 1 National Championship Title.
After his fellowship, Dr. Patel moved back to Texas and settled in the Dallas area. He was accompanied by his wife, Christina, and daughter. He now has two young children and values spending quality time with them. Beyond the world of orthopaedics, Dr. Patel strives to be active and involved. He enjoys traveling, cooking especially on his Green Egg, team and individual sports, kayaking, and being surrounding by family and friends.
Professionally, his goal as an orthopaedic surgeon is to return patients to their active lifestyle quickly by utilizing the latest technology available while providing a great experience. He values communication and developing a personal relationship with his patients. His fields of expertise include minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery, limb realignment, cartilage restoration, ligament/tendon tears, and joint replacement. He views surgery as the final treatment option.
- Board Certification in Orthopedic Surgery 
- Fellow American Academy Orthopedic Surgeons
- Director of Sports Medicine BSW Lake Point Medical Center
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Leadership in Medicine Award
Published Articles By Dr. Patel
- Variability in the Clock Face View Description of Femoral Tunnel Placement in ACL Reconstruction Using MRI-Based Bony Models.
- The "Sublabral Window" in Arthroscopic Posterior Shoulder Instability Surgery: Description of a Technique for Safe Posterior Glenoid Preparation.
- Biceps Tenotomy Versus Tenodesis.
- High-energy femur fractures increase morbidity but not mortality in elderly patients.
- Association of a modified frailty index with mortality after femoral neck fracture in patients aged 60 years and older.
- Operative treatment of hip fractures in patients on clopidogrel: a case-control study.
- Influence of a platelet concentrate on prosthetic bone ingrowth in a rabbit model.
Sports Medicine/Team Physician experience:
- University of Colorado Buffalos
- Varsity Football, Basketball, Ski, Volleyball, Soccer, and Cross Country.
- Club Lacrosse and Rugby
- Denver University Pioneers
- Varsity Men's Hockey, Gymnastics, Basketball, Lacrosse
- University of Mary Harden-Baylor
- Lucas Christian Academy
- Lovejoy High School
- Boulder High School
- Troy High School
- Killeen High School
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons